- the natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible: the light of the sun | the street lamps shed a faint light into the room.
- a source of illumination, esp. an electric lamp: a light came on in his room.
- understanding of a problem or mystery; enlightenment: she saw light dawn on the woman's face.
- the amount or quality of light in a place: the plant requires good light | in some lights she could look beautiful.
- electromagnetic radiation whose wavelength falls within the range to which the human retina responds.
having a considerable or sufficient amount of natural light; not dark: the bedrooms are light and airy | it was almost light outside.(of a color) pale : her eyes were light blue.
- a business, farm, etc., jointly owned and operated by the members of a group.
- a unit of organization or the organization in a collectivist system.
- formed by collection.
- forming a whole; combined: the collective assets.
- of or characteristic of a group of individuals taken together: the collective ideas.
- organized according to the principles of collectivism.